Monday, April 03, 2006

Phew...

I just finished mowing the lawn, spraying for weeds, picking up dog poop, cleaning the pool and watering our compost bins. I am making dinner and will be talking, for probably two hours, on the phone with my friend in WI.

While talking I will try to enter receipts into the checkbook, iron my clothes, pack my lunch for tomorrow and get my mountain biking stuff ready for an evening ride tomorrow night.

I will go straight from work tomorrow to meet my friends at the trail and will probably get home late in the evening, eat a quick dinner and go to bed.

Wednesday morning I will go to the gym and lift weights before work. After work I will be going to book club which usually lasts at least three hours.

Thursday morning I will go to work and then after work go to spinning class at my gym before going to a two and half hour Enneagram workshop.

Friday at work is our annual awards event which will draw over 700 participants at a lunch time venue. I am the key person in my department coordinating our department's activities for the event. Therefore every day at work this week will be pretty hectic as we prepare for the event.

Saturday I will go mountain biking in the morning, go to a one year old's birthday party in the afternoon and to a friend's game night in the evening. Sunday we are volunteering from noon to five at the Iron Man Arizona race.

Friday afternoon I am hoping to leave work after the event and just relax a little bit as this is one super busy week.

And of course, as I go through and clean the house and find more stuff to do my brain begins to get VERY overwhelmed. And my head hurts. I am going to ask my wife if we can hire a housekeeper for the next few weeks because this hectic pace has no real end in sight. AND we are hosting her brother and his girlfriend for a week in April. Plus, my wife is going to be out of town for several days out of the next few weeks which means more dog duty for me!

Ugh, my head hurts and I am very overwhelmed. I am a perfectionist and hate to think of anything falling through the cracks. And then I think of things like painting the pool deck which are not urgent and only somewhat important but still add to the list of things to do in my head.

And, I would love to be meditating during all this but I don't know where I would find the time! It would take a 10 page post and an hour of explaining to understand why all these errands and chores get more energy and attention than meditating.

Well, at least I got a post in. Five minutes flat! Nice job. Now off to dinner!

2 comments:

Defunct Lisa said...

you are SO funny!!

Aaron Stiner said...

I didn't know I was funny, I just thought I was busy! After I got off the phone with my friend I was up until 11PM straightening the hosue and throwing out clutter! We have TOO MUCH STUFF!