Wednesday, August 30, 2006

November 2006: What do the people want

Is there a storm rising
More than just mine

Or is the wind blowing
For a change this time

Will the choice be safety
against possible fear and pain

Or acceptance of uncertainty
So our country can rise again

Don't misunderstand
I know there is threat

But I am willing to bet
We can both grow and protect

It seems to me
We are stuck right now

No vision for the future
No what, no how

Let me try
To make it more clear

Your vote will decide
Between hope and fear

Close your eyes
And join me in thought

And ask yourself, what have
the last six years brought

And imagine what
Our future could be

It is so cliche,
But its up to you and me

What do you want
Your children's future to be

War and fear, the rich get richer?
Or, peace, art, imagination, clean energy

Right now our country
Is in a big rut

And it seems its time
For a check of the gut

My god!
Think of all that could be

All we could create
With more positivity

I know that for both you and me
Beneath this malaise
Is creative energy

Please!
Don't let the fear hold you back

No one, no one!
Can prevent another attack

In the meantime
How do you want to live

What is the legacy
You want to give

Its time! Time for a change
We can do so much more!

America is more
Than just protecting our shores!

No more fear!
Its time to dream!

Together lets create
Beauty still unseen

Alright, enough with beating around
the proverbial bush

Republicans
And their Junior Bush

They want all of us
To live in fear

While their fat cat friends
Stick it in our rear

Not that the Dems
Are any more poor

But to me it seems
They are more willing to explore

What can America create
How can we progress

Instead of wasting money
To build a bigger fence

As I see, the choice is between
Continued fear or new hopes and dreams

If you want the latter
Please join me

Bring back prosperity for all
Vote out the current regime

And lets all help restore
The American dream

No comments: