Thursday, August 31, 2006

I had a better morning today. I took a little time to take care of myself. Nothing major, I created my CD for spin class tonight. I loaded songs onto my MP3 player. I made coffee and my favorite breakfast of toasted waffles covered in peanut butter and honey. I made my lunch. I came into work a little late.

I had a great drive in, listening to the music from my MP3 player. Traffic, because of the time I drove in, was pretty light. The sun was shining and my head was clear. My energy level was higher than its been for a couple of weeks.

As I drove in things seemed to have potential. In some ways, the scenery seemed new and fresh. I was struck by a sense of being ready for whatever is next to come and being excited about whatever it could be, even though I really have no idea what it will be. I felt a little more alive than I have over the last little while.

The feeling has faded as I struggle to get through another day at work. I am worn out and a little bored by work - not that I don't have plenty to do - I just don't have the internal energy or drive to get it done.

I won't bore you with the details, but the last three weeks of work have been the most mentally draining three weeks of the entire year. It's all good, I am happy, I love my job, I am pleased with what I accomplished and am satisfied. I am just tired. My brain is fried, my energy is gone, I am done and I need a break.

That is why this morning was so good. It was a little break.

I am biding my time until tomorrow when I will leave work early, probably around lunch and begin the three day weekend. Beth and I are trying to figure out what we will do with our time together. As long as it does not involve work, I don't much care. Although I have some ideas.

I hope this weekend restores my energy. I am ready to begin living again.

No comments: