Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Lunch time post with a poem

I went to breakfast with a friend who I love (I love all my friends). He does his best to help those close to him and has the best interests of others in mind. He is enthusiastic and caring, loves chatting and getting to know others through discussing things in common. Sometimes his desire to help, born from his sense of responsibility and duty, puts a lot of weight on his shoulders. Sometimes, as he shared with me, he is unsure if he gets his emotional needs met. Sometimes, he has trouble accepting himself.

I told him he is perfect just the way he is, that I love him just the way he is. That I see that he tries hard to love others, be responsible and help others. I told him my wish for him is that he can see how perfect he is, that he doesn’t need to do anything to be perfect.

He loves God. I told him that as a perfect representation of God he doesn’t need to do anything to be perfect. And, I reminded him that he can fully love himself.

These are things that have been helpful to me in my path. I hope they are things that help him in his. I hope they help you in yours.

I hope you all know that I love you and I try hard, and fail a lot, to see the beauty in you and appreciate the gifts you bring to my life. My wish for you, all of you, is that you see your own beauty and love yourself for it.



Okay, on another note here is a brief poem that popped into my head as I was putting on my shoes this morning. It is a thought I have had a lot in the past but I experience less these days.

Under my shiny shoes
I sometimes wear
socks with holes
I worry
that somehow
that day
I’ll have to take off
my shiny shoes
in front of everyone
And be exposed
for the fraud
I fear I am

No comments: