Monday, March 27, 2006

A good day in haiku

Today, two wise men
Shined a light on my soul
To them I give thanks

Okay, so I am not sure if shined is one or two syllables so that could throw my haiku attempt into disarray.

Lets try another...

One friend, one teacher
Their gifts illuminate mine
My journey goes on

So, I just read a webpage about haikus and the whole 5 - 7- 5 thing is not the only thrust of haikus as taught in US English classes. But hey, I don't really care!

Discernment, eyes open!
Appreciate what I see
Relax and enjoy

I like this rule the best and think mine fit it. Or maybe I am just full of hot air, "by using the "one deep breath" rule: take a deep breath and you should be able to read the haiku aloud without taking a second breath."

With my wife I share
This crazy roller coaster
In love having fun

No comments: