Thursday, March 30, 2006

I like riding my mountain bike


I rode tonight with the Landis team. I was thinking about all the reasons I enjoy riding my mountain bike:
  • I get to be with fun, healthy people who I like
  • I feel healthy and it helps me to stay fit
  • I enjoy races and it fuels my competitive spirit
  • It allows me to be outside, in beautiful desert countryside at all times of the year
  • I get to ride on trails that take me far away from the land of suburbia
  • I like to go FAST
  • I am good at it
  • It makes me feel strong
  • I have the freedom to pedal hard and ride fast or take it easy and enjoy the scenery
  • I can ride at day or night - night riding is a blast!
  • I love the feeling of the air rushing past my face as I cruise down a rocky descent and the hard pumping of my legs as I ascend a steep hill
  • I feel good about myself at the end of the ride, knowing I accomplished a challenge

With friends riding hard

Night air rushing past my face

Singletrack winding

1 comment:

confused said...

Thanks for the kind words, its nice to know that even people you dont know can understand some of the hard things you go through. Its been a tough fight for me to not get back into my old ways, but i will continue the fight, its all worth it to wake up in the morning and feel good about yourself and good about what you did or for that matter "didnt do" the day before.

Thanks again