Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Experience the Divine

This is the spoken word piece I am going to perform for my first spoken word coming this Monday. See my previous post for background information.

How do I experience the Divine?
I tell you I do
How do you experience the Divine?
Don't tell me you don't
How do I experience the Divine?
I experience the Divine through the state of holy origin
through understanding that I was born perfect
whole
and holy
and through knowing
that I am still, in THIS MOMENT...despite what the world has thrown at me, despite what the world wants me to believe, Despite what the world wants me to forget...
I know, I KNOW, I am still, in this moment, perfect
whole
and holy...

But, it is more than knowing this in a textbook, brain sort of way, more than knowing it like I know my A,B,C's - it is knowing it like a child knows, knowing it through experience. Feeling it the way you felt things as a child. Experiencing it the way a child first experiences a mothers love - real

I said FEELING it and experiencing it

So, how do I feel it and how do I experience, with my rational objective mind,
were not talking voodoo here man
we are talking reality
how do I experience the Divine?

I have the experience of the Divine in the moment, always in the Moment,
when I look you in the eyes, you yes, you...deep in the eyes and

BOOM! Connection...connection in a divine way.

In the moment, when I see you as everything you are and nothing you are not, when I see you as a whole and what is present in you...and what is present in you...the Divine...
in that moment, I see you as perfect
whole
and holy

In the moment of talking and laughing and sharing and smiling and connecting, sharing our passions, sharing our fears and our trials and our joys; SHARING OUR HUMANNESS, our humanity!

BOOM! Connection

when I have relaxed myself and joined in a space of connection with you, when I have relaxed looking for what is missing and what is wrong and who I am not and who you are not...
when I have relaxed away all that envy and am with you in connection, in conversation, experiencing you as a whole perfect being - THAT! is when I have experience the Divine.

Because in that moment, always in the moment, no next, you are a perfect representation of the Divine, WE are connected and in that connection, in our eyes connected
I am a perfect representation of the Divine

We are each unique and special, connected with all the other unique and special beings we call the human race
When I have that moment of connection with you, I am then touching HOLY Origin, knowing in that moment, that I, you, were
are all
perfect
whole
and holy
I see my perfection, my wholeness, my holiness in the reflection of yours
All through connection, connection, connection and opening myself to seeing you in the moment as everything you are and not what you aren't - that's when I experience the Divine

NOW, don't tell me YOU have NOT had a moment, not ONE moment when you have experienced the Divine
It may not be the same kind of moment for you as it is for me... but I know you have had that moment
For some it may be a moment when you have no doubts - when you have Faith - for others it is that moment when you realize that everything is perfect just the way it is, or just that moment when you feel Loved
It could be in conversation (like mine); it could be in prayer, or meditation; in song; in reverie of thought; it could be in the beauty of nature
I KNOW you have had that moment, you have told me in my moments...with your eyes

So come, sit with me, relax with me into the moment, talk with me, connect with me
together
we will walk
into
the Experience of the Divine

No comments: