Monday, November 21, 2005

Email I want to get down

To Beth:

Friends name (I am not very good about being confidential) and I had a great conversation at lunch today. For the last several days I have been getting these little moments of wisdom and had a lot of them for my friend in his own struggles and in the struggles with his 4 partner. I have also had them about myself. Honestly, that is why I am thinking I should consider a food plan like your mom’s. I am just feeling like I am having a little spiritual aha that says to get my nutrition in a really good place is probably a key step in my personal and spiritual growth. It is funny b/c a couple weeks ago my bestfriend said that one of the things he thought I would notice while on a spiritual path is more wisdom about my life and its direction. I am for sure feeling that right now…

Love you!

The other cool things are that I am meditating every day. And, that I am so totally noticing the patterns of thought as they arise in my mind. It is amazing and startling the amount of self knowledge I am developing and the ability to see my patterns and intervene them through breathing. Just breathe in the moment, notice the pattern, don't judge, don't grab it, just relax and breathe. It makes a big difference. There are times though when I am doing it great and times when I am just living my type (like this weekend a couple of times when I was with Beth). Anyway, I am overall very pleased with my progress =)

BTW, I am waiting another week to do my first spoken word. Tonight did not work out b/c I have my follow up appt with my shoulder surgeon. Wish me luck!

No comments: