Monday, February 04, 2008

5 Things I am thankful for

Dreams - I love my dreams - they are crazy, fun, scary, beautiful adventures. For me, dreams tell me something about life. Like any part of life it's all up to interpretation. My friend Dale has been helping me interpret some of my dreams. It amazes me how there are patterns in my dreams - and, for me, those patterns change over time and there are themes in my dreams now which are different then the themes from my dreams from years ago. The more I figure out my dreams the less I am scared of them and the less I am scared of the night.

Beth - my rocket dog, viking with a voice. She is amazing - beautiful, fun, funny, hard working, passionate and compassionate. Whatever she becomes involved in she commits to 100% and works for with enthusiasm (thankfully I am one of those commitments). Already, in her new position at work, she has set a positive tone with her team and laid the groundwork for what will be tremendous accomplishments.

Gregs - I have two Gregs in my life with whom I am very close. They are very different from one another and show up in my life in very different ways. Yet, they have both influenced my life in tremendously. If either were missing from my life there would exist a giant hole.

Ryan/technology - Ryan, my brother, and I have strengthened our relationship, in my opinion, over the last year or so. Much of it has been through the use of technology - chatting online and blogging. It is sort of a double thankful entry because I am thankful for the deepened relationship - Ryan is a fantastic guy - and I am thankful for the technology which has facilitated the relationship. I am also thankful for the technology, like blogging, chatting, facebooking, emailing, online political articles, etc. that allow myself and others to express our views and keep in touch. We live in a wonderful time in which the access to technology helps enrich our lives in whatever ways we choose. It is the ultimate extension of democracy and free market. Pretty cool stuff.

I am going to count that as 4 and 5...lol!

No comments: