Saturday, December 16, 2006

what i am doing right now

As many of you know I am taking a new position with UW in January, working one on one with $10,000+ annual donors. Well, in the meantime, I am still working with my workplace campaign accounts.

One of my accounts is a major bank in the valley. Apparently, one of the AZ Cardinals cheerleaders works at their Peoria branch (over an hour from my house). She decided to have a fundraiser today for UW where three of her squad mates would sign autographs for donations to UW.

So, here I am, sitting at a table with all of my UW "paraphenelia" in front of the bank branch, blogging from my blackberry, the cheerleaders sitting at a table of their own at the other side of the entrance. Oh yeah, there is a local HS marching band playing music and raising money for an angel tree.

I have been here 40 minutes and, despite there being a steady flow of bank customers, only one person has gotten a cheerleader autograph. And she gave her money to the band.

I kind of feel bad for the woman who put it all together...for her sake I hope traffic picks up!

Anyway, I know I won't be doing this as part of my new job! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Defunct Lisa said...

Now Aaron, remember why you are there!
THIS IS MERLE THE PERLE JUST CHECKING!