Thursday, December 14, 2006

Being sick sucks!

I am on my way out of my head cold; I hope. My brain is clogged with mucuss, my body is tired and my nose is running. I have a cough and the sniffles. Oh yeah, I am whiny too; I get whiny when I am sick.

I haven't been sick in a long time and luckily this is only a cold. I should be over it by tomorrow; I hope.

I am sitting at work, doing nothing much except surfing the net. I could take a sick day and sit at home doing this. This sounds silly, I know, but I am staying at work for two meetings I have this afternoon of which the purpose is to prepare skits for our annual work holiday party. If it weren't for those meetings I would be at home sleeping right now.

I guess United Way doesn't care. They can pay me to "work" sick or pay me if I use a sick day. In fact, they would encourage me to go home.

As I write this I am beginning to think I am just going to go home. I will try to move up my meetings and get out of here by 2:30. I just need to get through a couple of emails and voicemails and I am outta' here!

Despite going home early and taking a nap, being sick still sucks.

No comments: