Friday, July 21, 2006

The World at My Fingertips by Steve Welker

This is the story of an ordinary guy who has gone through extraordinary life circumstances and whose story will make you ask, "What would I do, how would I behave if one day, completely unexpectedly, out of nowhere I was disabled by factors completely out of my control? Would I curl up into a ball, would I give up, or would I, like Steve, be the same person, maybe more of a person, than I was before?"

I have heard Steve speak dozens of times, each time impressed by his passion, wowed by his story and finding myself close to tears. Beth is reading his book right now, never having heard him speak, she is finding his story moving.

Check out his book, he is a friend of mine, I wish him success in his book and want to help him in anyway I can. I promise you, he has helped our community raise tens of thousands of dollars, standing in front of people hundreds of times to tell his story on behalf of the help he received from an agency funded by United Way. He received help and he gives back. If I can give back to him a little by asking all of you to buy his book, well, its an easy sell.

I am asking you, go to his website, buy his book. Give back to someone who could have spent his life taking and has instead been giving.

www.worldatmyfingertips.com

No comments: