Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Where I find myself

Right now, I find myself in a place of relaxed intention and peaceful acceptance. The two go hand in hand, the former leading into the latter and the second very much a key ingredient to the first, so much it is almost difficult to separate the two.

I find myself less and less needing to talk about these concepts, a phenomenon that I notice throughout my life: the more a characteristic becomes part of who I am, the less I need to tell others about it, the less I need to state it to the world. Now, you may be asking, "isn't that what you are doing now?" To which I would reply, "yes, but I don't really feel like explaining myself on that, it is not the point of this post."

Please keep in mind that I submit this post, as I hope to submit most, in the spirit of humility. Let me explain; I know my flaws, an extensive reading of this blog would affirm my close acquaintanceship with all the "wrong" things about my personality, and I know just how fragile is this state of being in which I find myself. My eyes are not always open to the immense blessings of life and my perception of this current blessing, given the struggles of my mind, my habits of attention, is particularly susceptible to quick dissipation. How it would withstand trials I have personally previously experienced or which I have witnessed in the lives of others, a slow down in friendship, "marital" struggles, sickness, money issues, death of a loved one or other major life changes, I know not. I can only pray that when faced with those situations, because it is when, not if, that I can continue holding to the fundamental beliefs that have lead me to this place of mind.

So, I will attempt, in each moment, to continue to follow my breath , look for the best in others and the world, accept myself, observe my emotions and state of mind, work towards positive outcomes and give myself credit for doing my best.

Relaxed intention and peaceful acceptance.

No comments: