Monday, June 05, 2006

Speaking of like Amsterdam

Blog break while working on Carole's presentation. Been doing work until then and will return to work in a little bit.

Anyway, speaking of work, something has come up. Two positions are open in the individual major givers liaison position. It is a director level position, like mine, and would be working with individuals giving $10,000 or more annually to UW, building relationships, helping them in their charitable decisions.

I have no idea what is going to happen, but I emailed the SRVP of our department my interest in discussing if I would be a good person for the position. Sometimes in the past, UW would have these decisions made behind closed doors without "advertising" for the position. It can be a little frustrating. Anyway, she may already have people in mind for the positions and I may or may not be one of them. Who knows, but I thought it would be interesting to find out.

Funny this happens right after I say I am interested in going back to school. I mean they seem contradictory don't they? But maybe not, maybe one is leading to another, maybe they are just random coincidences, maybe nothing will happen with either. We'll see, right?

To be cliche - somethings going to happen, nothing ever stays the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.