Wednesday, June 21, 2006

All over the place

Hello...I just finished lunch and thought I would blog some random thoughts - enjoy and feel free to comment =)

I taught my first full hour of spinning class this morning and it went quite well. I lead the class through an intense workout, including several two-song hill climbs, each followed by a fast flat road with jumps and sprints thrown in. I received very positive feedback - it was a good way to begin the day. And, I am lucky because the class is full of experienced spinning riders so it was easy to teach!

Work life is picking up. July and August are going to be very intense months. Thankfully we have our little jaunt to Chicago in late July because I am going to need the vacation. It is funny how I work...I kind of procrastinate on getting things done until things get more intense. Then, I get in a groove, pick up the energy and become ultra efficient. One area I know I have grown is making sure I don't let this style negatively impact others, so I always make sure to get projects done first that will affect others.

And, there could be an expansion of my duties on the horizon, sort of after the intensity of the next couple of months, in either working more one-on-one with large money donors and/or supervising more employees - COOL! =)

This could probably be its own post, but I am just in the mood to throw it out there - I am in a slight friendship lull, after being on a nice friendship high a few weeks ago. Who knows, maybe it is summer, but people don't seem to be around or initiating. Actually, no one ever really initiates contact, especially not as much as me. I like consistency and could see a person once or even several times a week. I have found, and this is not a criticism, that others don't need or want that much consistency or contact.

Basically, for most of my friends, local or out of town, if I stop initiating they will not pick up the initiation. Therefore, at times when I am a little busier or don't feel like doing all the reaching out, I find myself with much less friendship contact. The last couple of weeks have been one of those times where I have found myself with reduced friendship contact. Keep in mind, that over the last couple weeks and weekends I have spent time with friends, and really enjoyed it, but I always want more.

So, do I

A) Pick up the initiation with current friends

B) Try finding additional friends through things like open mic nights or the East Valley Social Club

C) Volunteer with my time, using my energy for altruism

D) Just be okay with being alone and not having constant interactions with others

E) All of the above

F) Just let it all unfold

Seems like the GRE studying is wearing off on me with the multiple choice here. Anyway, not sure where I am going to head, I only know I am going somewhere!

No comments: