Monday, April 17, 2006

The last part makes me smile

Okay, while driving in this morning I came to some conclusions…

One, in the short term we are probably not moving to Amsterdam or anywhere else so I better get used to living in Phoenix and accepting it instead of bitching about it all the time.

This means I am going to have to continue to find things in Phoenix that “meet my needs”. Let’s face it, this is my primary motive and I am going to continue to look for things that interest me and help me grow personally, creatively and spiritually. I have to stop whining and waiting for those things to come to me, I will continue to go find them.

It also means that I need to continue to work on appreciating what I have found in Phoenix and what I do have. I need to continue to reach out and initiate with the friends I have and again, stop whining about them not reaching out to me. As I have asked my blog readers I must do myself with my friends – love them for what they are and appreciate what they bring to me and more importantly, what they bring to the world.

That last part is a little bit of a shift – appreciating people not all for what they do or give to me but just appreciating them for being them and for what they give the world.

Almost lastly, to help bring peace of mind, discernment and focus I must return to the practice of meditation. It brought me much peace before and I think it can continue to do that.

Finally, and this was just a glimpse as I was driving in, how can I bring my gifts to the world and the people I know? How can I serve my friends and my community? How can I bring beauty? Instead of waiting for everything to come to me and everything to make me feel special, how can I bring that to the world? How can I bring my energy to my wife, my friends, my community, Phoenix? I don’t know, but that is what I am asking the universe for now…

Part of me is selfless, I hope anyway…I want to bring that part out more. It is the only choice now.

And then at lunch today I got this very apropos fortune, “The constructive use of riches is better than their possession.”

And then I realized that on Wednesday I am meeting with the local Enneagram teacher to help her create a PowerPoint presentation out of a paper she is presenting to the national Enneagram conference this fall. I am doing it just to help her, not for any ulterior motives of what I can get out of it. That makes me smile.

No comments: