Thursday, October 19, 2006

Written on the plane ride Tuesday evening, back from the weekend with my best friend and his family

Blessings exemplified…

Four wonderful days spent with my best friend Greg and his family in NF land, full of lively conversation.

Dozens of hours spent connecting with Greg, Janis, Aaron, Kyle and Grant.

Three movies watched and enjoyed; two with Greg and Janis, the third alone, on the plane, on my work-supplied laptop.

Several phone conversations with Beth spent catching up on each other’s weekend experiences.

One wife who had a great weekend; along with many other fun things over the past several days, she rode 85 miles on Sunday morning. She left me a card and sweet thoughts for my arrival back to the house.

Six hours spent in the rental car talking our ENFJ talk with Greg, driving to have lunch in Rochester with my brother Jason and sister-in-law Ann.

Two hours spent talking to one happy mom who drove 45 minutes to meet me at Detroit Metro Airport during my layover.

Four hours spent flying in first class, drinking free cocktails, relaxing in the oversized seat, watching a movie on the aforementioned laptop and typing out blog entries.

Dozens of emails sent and received on said laptop and new Blackberry supplied by work, helping prevent an email flood on my return to the office.

Lots of time spent wondering what will become of Beth meeting Omar, our hopefully potential adoptive child, as part of her work trip to Colorado.

Two big fuzzy best friends, Max and Mokie, ecstatic to see me walk through the door and two smaller fuzzy best friends, Rufus and Elliot, mildly pleased to see me walk through the door.

One great job, full of lots of great people, which I am looking forward to returning to tomorrow.

Many blessings, one happy Aaron

No comments: