Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Writing

Okay, I am snoozy and will soon be going to bed.

I made some small rewrites to my last blog post so I could submit it as an article to an outdoor magazine. I submitted it without having any one review, comment or suggest edits.

Today, I shared it with a friend at work who I consider a good writer. While he really enjoyed it he also said there might be edits he would suggest. I asked him to provide me with his edits. That was late in the day so I don't know what his suggestions will be.

If the edits are good should I resubmit the article before I even hear back from the magazine? I don't know.

The whole thing does bring to light something I have thought before; that, while I think I am a good writer, I could improve my writing by having someone review and edit my work. Often times in a blog format it is just write and post without independent review.

I am not sure if I will do anything about it, it just makes me think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could find a local writing group and join in with them. that's what zingerman's ceo did for his food writing.