Saturday, September 30, 2006

I miss Beth

She is in MI with her family. Her stepmother is undergoing chemo. Beth is lending her moral support to both her dad and step mom. While home she is also seeing some other family and visiting with friends. Visiting with family and old friends is important to Beth and she shared with me over the phone that she is having a very nice time.

And while she is gone I miss her. During the week we have disparate schedules and often see each other only during the late evening. The weekends are when we spend most of our time together. Fridays we have dinner together, either just the two of us, or with friends. We bike Saturday mornings usually, her on the road, me on the trail, and are then together most of Saturday and Sunday. I am missing out this weekend on my usual Beth "fix".

As many of you know, Beth and I recently celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary. I cannot imagine, I don't even try to imagine, being blessed with a more perfect life partner. As I told someone last night Beth is "quality". We have created a wonderful life and are both so thankful for all we have received.

Yesterday her dad emailed me with Beth's litany of activities. He asked, "how do you keep up with her?" His question made me smile and swell up with love and pride. I imagined Beth making her rounds, connecting with her friends and family. I know she is exactly where she wants to be, doing exactly what she wants. Just thinking about her makes me smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this weekend you are as fulfilled my love... and I am here now, waiting for you to return;)

Beth
Saturday 10/14