Sunday, June 11, 2006

Last post for today...maybe

Well, it has been a good morning and a good weekend. We had friends over last night and enjoyed a relaxed evening of conversation. Wine always help, but I think the company made the difference!

This morning, after sleeping in until a wopping nine - woo hoo - and some great cuddling I made coffee and sat down at the computer. Beth had a morning appointment with a friend and my friend, the Enneagram teacher, is coming over to review the presentation I am helping her with.

The sun is streaming through the window, Miss Rufus is snoozing on the desk, the dogs are on the floor and I am sitting in my red-roos and pink shirt, blogging. I am listening to our PC music collection, determining what songs will work well for spin class. I teach my first spin class a week from Wednesday.

Lots of ideas, always lots of ideas. Discernment will help me complete the important ones.

Like I was thinking about the video I never sent to my mom of our house. I took the original video and it is pretty boring. I think she would still like it and I was thinking of some things to add to it.

Almost everything in our house, when it is clean, has a place. Every little knick knack has been, at some point, arranged for aesthetic impact. I believe the message our house tries to convey is the personality of our marriage and family, a significant part of which is the people with who we share our lives. That is why we have lots of pictures. And, I will always, at least for a time, display the gifts that I/we have been given by friends or family, some place in our house. The pieces may or may not stay displayed for the long term, but they do get displayed. Meaning is important to us and I believe our house conveys meaning.

Whatever that means.

Anyway, I think I should pick up the video camera and re-film our house looking through the lens of "meaning" and actually send it to my mom. It is a good idea...one of those ideas I want to do but do I want to do it enough to actually do it?

Like grad school. I have the GRE test prep book and am going to create my study plan with the intent of taking the test a couple of times between now and the fall, in order to get the scores I need to apply for graduate school. That I want to do enough to actually do it.

So there you go.

I can't believe it, I am all blogged out and ready to be done.

No comments: