Thursday, May 11, 2006

Random lunchtime thoughts

  • I am doing well right now - just doing, just being, just moving forward, not in envy, not worried about fixing anything or anyone, not beating myself up for who I am not and who I think I should be. Just enjoying my life - it is a good place to be.
  • Work is intense right now too and I am productive and in the flow. That pleases me. It is also fun - we are in a week long meeting analyzing last year's results and setting goals for this year. I get to be creative and get to solve problems - I enjoy using my intuition to think through processes, relationships, numbers, strategies, etc.
  • I am still sick, my lymph nodes are sore and I am congested. Despite what the doctor's office promised they still have not called in my prescription for another round of antibiotics to the pharmacy - I guess I expect things to be done more quickly than they expect to complete them. It is a little on the frustrating side.
  • Despite being sick I am back in the groove of healthy eating and exercising (I'll just mentally ignore the three cookies I ate after lunch!). But I am feeling fit and well on my way to my goal - 200 pounds by July 27th when we go to Chicago for Beth's birthday. I started this at 209.5 and am now sitting at about 204. Not too shabby!
  • This will sound weird to those who know my path through organized religion but I feel compelled recently for unknown reasons, through signs and a sense of being lead there, to maybe go check out a church. I don't need a dogma or set of beliefs to hold onto, I have that, I don't need to know my spiritual "place in this world", I think I know where I stand, I don't need something to fill me up or make me whole, I am perfect, whole and holy, and I don't need a community of people, I have that. Despite all those things I have, there has been random "messages" coming to me that it might be worth checking something out. I am thinking either the mostly liberal United Church of Christ or the very liberal Universalist/Unitarian. Not sure where this will lead, we shall see.
  • I have been only somewhat directly focused on "holding the energy" for others - i.e. looking at how I can meet there needs versus my needs getting met, but I do sense that it has happened naturally as a lot of my personal/psychological needs feel fulfilled - at least for right now.
  • I love my wife - we are so much soul mates it is often worth noting how in love we are and how special a relationship we have. I appreciate our life, our relationship and most of all her.

No comments: