Monday, February 27, 2006

Simple strategies

So, if you have read any of my posts you realize that I really am trying to learn as much about myself in order to create a fulfilling life for myself. Much of it is abstract and emotional, although for me I have experienced those abstractions and they are becoming concrete beliefs. However, I know there are simple things I can do to help keep me in a positive place. Here is a very brief list:
  • Clean my house and organize my closet. Keep rooms neat and clean; vacuum and mop and have fresh towels.
  • Take the dogs for a walk.
  • Exercise. Mountain biking, spinning, walking or weight lifting.
  • Initiate breakfast or lunch with friends.
  • Call friends or family on my drive home from work.
  • Volunteer.
  • Turn off the internet at work and get to business.
  • Write, journal and blog.
  • Eat healthy foods.
  • Don't weigh myself!
  • Spend time with Beth (snuggling helps!).
  • Email Beth from work to just say hello.
  • Pay attention and focus on the moment!

These things help me to feel internally balanced. And yes, I am okay with needing these outside stimuli to feel okay inside =)

No comments: